reformat with dl, dt, dd
- What kind of Workshops does Writopia offer?
- Writopia offers programs in several different creative disciplines. For more information, view our Program Types page.
- I am thrilled that my child loves to write, but are workshops actually fun?
- Yes! Our workshop method only works because the participants are able to relax, brainstorm, experiment with writing exercises, laugh, and freely write in the genres they wish.
- I understand that workshop should be a fun environment, but will the kids be learning the craft of story writing and the mechanics of language?
- Our writers won more regional and national Scholastic Art & Writing Awards in the past seven years than any other group of kids in the entire country! While our workshops are indeed quite fun, we have developed a method that teaches students how to transform ideas into fully developed stories and brings out their highest level writing.
- What if my child doesn't love to write?
- Writopia is a special, safe, exciting place for kids who love to write. Have him or her come in for one trial day to decide for herself. We are proud to report that 99% of our "reluctant" writers choose to stay after their trial session.
- My child is a good writer but she is nervous about sharing her work with others. Is this a sign that she may not fit in?
- Most young people enter workshop timid about sharing. Within a day, participants are brainstorming, bonding, and laughing together. Ultimately, all of our writers share their work with ease.
- 5) Are there other boys in your workshops?
- Yes! Most workshops enroll an equal amount of boys and girls, but please do not hesitate to ask us about the makeup of the workshop your child is signing up for.
Connect & Interact with us on: