Play Submissions Prep Workshop: The Microplay
This year, we’ll be producing microplays — plays under five minutes in length. In these plays, you, the playwright, only have time to create a moment that captures attention, invites us to play or think, and sends a message. How can you bring your theatrical impulses, your humor, your profundity, your power in a blink of an eye? Come to our Microplay workshop for an introduction to the genre, and to begin your own microplay submissions for the 2021 Worldwide Plays Festival: There is a Field.
- Writers can attend one, two, or all three sessions.
- Those who attend all three will walk away with at least the first draft of a micro play to be submitted to the 2021 festival!
- Those who attend one or two sessions can complete their plays within their weekly workshops if they wish.
- Friday February 26th from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST
- Friday March 5th from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST
- Friday March 12th from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST
(If you are enrolled in W2R or receive full financial aid, this is included as a part of your program. Enroll at the link above and we’ll honor your scholarship.)