DC Metro Region
The 2017 DC Scholastic Awards have been announced, and the results are in!
2017 Awards Ceremony for the DC Metro Writing Region of the Scholastic Art & Writing AwardsMarch 5th, 2017
The Gala Theatre in Washington, DC
To recognize their outstanding work, recipients of this year’s Gold Key, Silver Key, and Honorable Mention Awards are invited, along with their guests, teachers, and our esteemed jurors, to the DC Metro Region Scholastic Art & Writing Awards Ceremony. This year's keynote speakers will be poet, literary activist, and Howard University alum E. Ethelbert Miller. and New York Times bestselling author and Harvard graduate Dolen Perkins- Valdez.
7th to 10th Grade Recognition Ceremony
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Reception and Check-in
- 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Ceremony
- RSVP for 7th to 10th Graders!
11th to 12th Grade Recognition Ceremony
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Reception and Check-in
- 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Ceremony
- RSVP for 11th to 12th Graders!
The 2018 Scholastic Writing Awards will begin accepting submissions on September 14th, 2017. Guidelines, deadlines, and coverage area for the DC Metro Region are available now.
The 2017 DC Metro Region Scholastic Awards
- 1,200 writing works submitted
- 221 Honorable Mentions awarded to promising workss
- 159 Silver Keys awarded to distinguished works
- 102 Gold Keys awarded to the most accomplished works
- 5 American Voice Nominees selected as the strongest regional works
Gold Keys are automatically forwarded for consideration at the national level of the Scholastic Writing Awards.View Results from Previous Years
Support the DC Metro Region
Please support our work in getting the word out, organizing the submissions, coordinating the judging, and running the ceremony.
A special thanks to our expert jurors, whose hard work and thoughtful reading make the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards possible.
Thanks to our community partners, who donated food and gift bags for our judges, supplies and space for adjudications, and scholarships for our recipients. These Community Partners are listed below: