Online Workshops Coming Fall 2017!
If you live too far from any of our labs to come to us, don't fret. We have worked remotely with young people across the US and the world (including India, Spain, China, and England) since 2008 through our private sessions and are excited to expand via online group workshops! Sign up on the form below to receive more information.
- What does an online Writopia group workshop look like?
- Ten-week, age-based workshops are comprised of fun, generative writing games, personalized feedback, and group discussion opportunities.
- Writers may submit up to 1,700 words per week, in any form of their choice (fiction, poetry, script, memoir, etc.).
- Instructors provide detailed video and written feedback once per week.
- Who can participate, and who will be my instructor?
- This program will best benefit enthusiastic, self-motivated writers who are interested in developing both their craft and a writing community.
- All of our instructors are published writers and/or produced playwrights/screenwriters. Instructors will provide generative writing game options each week based on writer needs and craft discussions.
- What are the benefits of an online workshop?
- An asynchronistic model provides flexibility for writers with busy schedules.
- Writers can connect nationally and internationally.
- Writers are able to have focused, rich conversations about craft with their instructors and the other writers in the group.
- Writers will receive monthly lists of publication opportunities as well as be able to submit work to Writopia’s online magazines, The Parenthetical and The Ellipsis.