Pop Culture Writing
Click here to see Pop Culture Writing workshops on the schedule!
Writopia Lab is launching a new series of writing workshops inspired by our favorite icons and elements of pop culture. Join us as we dive headfirst into the art of storytelling with a contemporary twist! From the unique characters of your favorite films to the heart-pounding beats of chart-topping songs, every facet of pop culture becomes creative writing inspiration in this workshop series.
All young and teen writers are welcome, whether they have attended Writopia Lab for years or are new to our warm writing community, and whether they are passionate novelists or nervous and reluctant writers.
With guidance from our seasoned instructors — all published authors or produced playwrights themselves — writers will learn from our culture’s most successful, pervasive, and timely narratives. Workshops are student-centered and author-led. Sessions are peppered with original and fun writing exercises.
Length: 1 hour
Full Schedule of Pop Culture Writing Workshops:
- "Friends" Thanksgiving Specials (Friday, 11/17/2023)
- One Piece (Friday, 12/1/2023)
- Five Nights at Freddy's (Friday, 12/8/2023)
- Winter Holiday Stories (Sunday, 12/17/2023)
- 90's Pop & Media (Friday, 1/5/2024)
- Percy Jackson (Wednesday, 1/10/2024)
- Taylor Swift (Saturday, 1/20/2024)
- Kendrick Lamar (Friday, 2/2/2024)
- Romance Tropes (Sunday, 2/11/2024)
- Stephen Sondheim (Wednesday, 2/21/2024)
- SZA (Saturday, 2/24/2024)
- Lord of the Rings (Sunday, 3/10/2024)