Writopia Lab is a national community of young writers and thinkers.
We are committed to cultivating a safe and intellectual space for student-focused, joy-inducing instruction in creative writing and more.
Our age-based workshops give young writers the opportunity to work on their own pieces alongside a maximum of eight peers. All workshops are guided by a published author or produced playwright who is thoroughly versed in Writopia's student-centric methodology.
After the Workshop
Students are encouraged to share their completed pieces with friends, family, and the world at large in a variety of ways.
- Workshoppers are invited to read their work at books stores, public libraries, and coffee houses in their communities across the country.
- Writopia notifies young writers about submissions opportunities, including Stone Soup, TeenInk, The Best Teen Writing (Scholastic Awards), The Huffington Post, H.O.W. Journal, and more.
- Writopia notifies our writers about competition submission opportunities such as the Scholastic Writing Awards, YoungArts, and Young Playwrights.
- We publish two online literary journals, The Parenthetical and The Ellipsis.
- Since 2010, Writopia students have had the opportunity to see their plays, monologues, and musicals produced professionally in Off-Broadway theatres as part of The Worldwide Plays Festival, enthralling over 2,500 audience members.