Writopia Lab fosters joy, literacy, and critical thinking in children and teens from all backgrounds through creative writing.
We seek to:
- Provide young people with the creative inspiration and intellectual support within the classroom and at our writing labs.
- Help students express themselves with words, and cultivate (or maintain) a love of writing in each of them.
- Create and sustain a diverse community of young writers who connect over their shared passion for ideas and expression.
- Offer discounted or waived fees to at least 40% of workshop participants.
- Provide an open, safe, and nurturing space for young people who are highly engaged in creative and intellectual endeavors, as well as those who struggle with verbal and written expression.
- Identify ways that creative youth who struggle academically can utilize their literary gifts to further their academic success.
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."Albert Einstein
"The one change that most needs to happen to make American education realize its potential as an engine of opportunity and economic growth is not better math and science instruction but a writing revolution that puts language and communication in their proper place in the classroom. More out-of-school time should also be used to encourage writing, and specifically, writing workshops for the students."National Commission on Writing in America's Schools and Colleges, The Neglected R: The Need for a Writing Revolution
See what parents, teachers, principals, and our writers have to say about Writopia!
Support Writopia Today! Writopia Lab is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.